Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lilac

 I love this color and all of its varying shades.  I have been wanting to use it for a long time and sadly had no takers until recently.   I just completed the finishing touches of a teenage girl's bedroom.  With a white linen headboard and drapes and light gray bedding, it was screaming for a touch of this earthy, yet delicate color.  We added a lilac flat ribbon greek key trim to the white drapes and had a simple lilac linen pillow made for the bed.  It was just enough.   This color is beautiful, feminine, romantic,  and organic. 












All photos via Pinterest

I must also mention the unbelievable Susannah Buxton, costume designer for Downton Abbey.  I think that she must feel the same way that I do about lilac.  Each episode has been such magnificent treat for the eyes.









No comments:

Post a Comment