Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Transformation Tuesday

   It's my favorite day of the week and I want to share with you a fun transformation that I was asked to be a part of.  It is the basement of a pre-war cottage.  When I think of a basement, words like dark, damp, and smelly come to mind.  Thoughts of my grandparents' basement still give me the shivers.  The sad thing is they usually offer a good amount of space, but no one wants to go in them.  This room went from slightly scary bear cave to handsome man cave.  Because there is potential for flooding, it was decided to go with a tile that looks like hardwood.  What a fantastic product!  Also,  everything was painted the same warm white to unify all of the different materials in the room.  I especially love the mortar rub on the fireplace.  It was supposed to dry lighter, but I like the slight contrast even better.  I hope you enjoy!

Before
Before
After
After
After
After





No comments:

Post a Comment