Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A little more on antlers...

     Yesterday, after my husband read what I had posted, he was inspired!  
Look and see what he created!
 
     Isn't that just fabulous!!!  He killed this deer in Texas last year.  It was mounted on a piece of drift wood, which was nice looking, but a little too masculine.  Over a year ago, I bought two of these copper "shields" at a great store in town called Preservation Station.   I had no idea what in the world I was going to do with them, but I knew that I loved the way they looked.  I had thought about turning them into sconces--but I love this so much more!  Rivers spied them yesterday and had the brilliant idea of using them as a base for his mount.  We put it in our breakfast room, which is covered in pecky cypress paneling.  We will enjoy looking at it everyday! 

Here is the Black Forest Deer I mentioned yesterday located in the kitchen.

     Above the mantel in the dining room I have four small mounts.  Three were picked up in an antique store and one is resin.  It's hard to tell the difference---I had to look closely to see which was one was not real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment