Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Here's a Challenge for You...

     I have a wonderful client that moved into a new house.  They have been making it their own since the first of September.  As the budget for the decorating neared an end, she realized the guest bedroom was really lacking and they had guests arriving soon.  I told her that I would be happy to help and challenged myself to try to keep it under $500.  She already had the furniture and had ordered a duvet and shams from Anthropologie.  I needed to find the rest of the bedding, a rug, and accessories for under $500.  (All of the photos were taken with my iPhone--I'm sorry about the poor quality!)

This is what we started with:

The bed, night stand, and dresser were leftovers from redecorating her daughter's room.  

I found a little inspiration with this:
The homeowner picked up this fabulous print in Charleston, South Carolina at the Spoleto Festival in 1990.  

And now…they are guest ready!

I love a layered bed with pillows for propping up or snuggling in.  Guests have options for the amount of covers they are most comfortable with.  I would like to find a long bench to place under the festival print for suitcases. 


I love this vignette!  The homeowner had this chair and found these framed needlepoints online.  It is a perfect spot to place a purse or a toiletries bag.  

I was able to find everything for right around $500.  It helped that we could shop around her house for artwork and accessories.  One great piece of advice I have heard, that makes so much sense, is to spend a night in your guest room to make sure that it is comfortable and has everything needed for a great stay.

Here is one of my favorite guest room makeovers done by Anne Turner Carroll.  This article was in Southern Living a few years ago.


What a dreamy room!  
Just gorgeous!




No comments:

Post a Comment