Thursday, April 4, 2013

Etsy


I know that everyone already knows about and loves Etsy, but I  want to talk about it today.  It has been such a valuable resource to me.  What an array of goods and talents are available to purchase and enjoy.  It is like an arts and crafts fair times 1,000 right at your fingertips.  I want to share with you a few things that I have purchased...



I hosted a garden club meeting at my house in the fall.  The meeting was about repurposing things.  Everyone went on a tour of my home looking for the things that were repurposed.  I had labels on each of the items with a description of how they had been "rejuvenated."  I found this pretty little chair when I was looking for a way to make the labels a little more interesting.  I printed it on each label.  I was so happy with the way it turned out.  It would also be great for stationery.



This is the first piece of art that I bought on Etsy.  The artist is Jayme McGowan.  The piece is made out of paper and is 3-D and I love it!  It makes me so happy whenever I see it.  It is called "Carried By Birds."  I liked this artist so much that I purchased a pocket theater that is a smaller printed version of one of her originals called "Night Journey."  You can see more of her art here.

Isn't that whimsical and fun!



I ran across this monogram that I purchased and used for a fundraiser event that I was helping with.  It became the logo for the entire event--programs, posters, etc...They were able to change the color and personalize it for us.  Salama is the organization.  It is a wonderful non-profit serving inner city youth in Nashville. You can find out more about it here.


I even found my blog header on Etsy!  I knew that I wanted to do it all by myself but I did not have the skills or resources to make it look very good.  This company was so easy to work with.   Through this process, I discovered how much I really enjoy creating this blog!

Thanks so much for reading!  


No comments:

Post a Comment